This software page generator engine takes a “bare bones” simple text file, automatically reformats the data in it into graphic templates, and stores the result under a new filename.
In many ways, Otto may be viewed simply as an automated version of TextUp.
SportsTicker Hockey Score Update
Parse the “raw” text-only SportsTicker feed according to the Data Rules.
Data 1 : Home Team : “New Jersey”
Data 2 : Home Team Score : “2”
Data 3 : Visiting Team : “Montreal”
Data 4 : Visiting Team Score : “0”
Data 5 : Period of Play : “2”
Identify and affiliate the appropriate Team Logo Clip art with the Data.
In this example, the New Jersey Devils logo is matched to the data item
- “NHL : Home Team : New Jersey“
OTTO assembles the finished (enhanced) page:
- + Logo Clip Art
- + SportsTicker data
The OTTO solution dynamically builds graphically sophisticated pages
The Automated Page Formatting Engine
- “Batch” processes a group of files
- Reformats a single file of ASCII text information into multiple display formats (for different applications.
- Merges graphics on basis of rules
- Generates Bar Charts and histograms on the basis of the incoming data
It was all based on implicit and explicit metadata tagging of information. And since all Otto templates are completely tagged, you can also custom-edit individual pages with our CMS TextUp tool.
© The Communication Studio LLC